Thursday, May 04, 2006

Happy Birthday to me!

yes today - Cinco de Mayo - is my 40th birthday. Wow. i have lived to see 40. Lordy, lordy look who is 40? me.

I spoke to my best girl Becca last night. It was great to hear her voice. She is doing just great and i am really pleased. Grades are up. She is singing in an honor's choir at school. I am just so thankful she is doing the things she is doing!

ASU is really busy. That is the company i work for. Great company. I love what i am doing there. It is great to help create something so vital for ministry to continue. I think i have one of the most awesome bosses around. I really enjoy it!

Watermark is doing great too. I am playing bass on Sunday. That will be great. I am excited about that. I am not excited about the departure of our worship leader and his wife - mike and joni morgan. Now before we go further i just have a problem with important people in my life leaving. And i know this is important for mike to continue in school and follow what God is leading him to do. I still do not like it. I have known Mike and Joni for years. I have had interaction with them on different levels. And it has been good. I will miss joni's laugh and over all awesomeness (if that is a word). And i will miss mike - his leadership, his passion and overall coolness. To mike and joni -- i love you guys and will be thinking of (and missing) you often!

Another couple i think the world of is leaving too. Jason and Judy DeRoche are taking a ministry position at a church in Kansas. (there's no place like home...there's no place like home.) Again, i am excited for them as this will be great for them. And the Heartland Christian Fellowship is blessed to have them on staff. Big shoes here to fill! I have said it before and say it again -- Jason, Judy always in your camp! and there is always a place at the campfire for you two!

So what are the big plans for the 40th? go to work, struggle thru a problem with a customer and then i am headed over to Johnson's for a grill out and a fire. Pretty low key! which is ok with me.

Well, i need to head to bed.

Good night!
C

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Carter! Hope you have a great day!
Love,
Jess

Anonymous said...

The mojito's are now flowing at the good dr's house....

mmmmmm..mango..my favorite!