Monday, October 15, 2007

well -- all things come around

I am back in OKC now. I arrived thursday night about 9:30 pm. It is good to go but it is better to come home.

I have some time to think about things. Without going too deep, how important it is to tell the people you care about how much you love them. Let me give you an example.

My oldest brother's name is Chuck. He is married to Valerie. They have a great marriage and one daughter Melissa who is married and has two boys. They all reside in Cincinnati, Ohio. Chuck and Val have had up times and down times just like everyone else. But thru it all they have a great marriage and great relationship with God and others.

I have the greatest respect for all my brothers. But Chuck being the oldest hold my highest regards. He is not only a good husband, good father, but he is a man of character. And he is developing a wisdom side that is pretty awesome too. To see him in operation this last weekend with my family and people he does not even know just being the church and loving on people at the funeral was really cool. Needless to say he inspires me to be a better person than i am.

with all of that side, i have dished out a ton of crap to chuck. He is a funny guy and i have picked on him about many things for a long time. Well, in that process of harassing he was under a completely different opinion of how i felt about him. In fact, i stumbled on that while i was chatting with him on the phone.

I spent a good deal of time on the phone straightening that out.

I guess what i am saying is do not assume that the people you care about know that. Tell them, let them know. Life is too short.

Carter

No comments: