Friday, April 01, 2005

Friday yet?

I called my daughter last night to say goodbye for 1 1/2 weeks. She, her mom and stepdad are headed to Florida for Spring Break. I hope it is a good time.

I was just speaking to a friend of mine i hadn't seen in a while. He lives in N. Carolina and is in town for a funeral. He was sharing how it was his grandfather and how cool the celebration of his life was. How the family was there when the man died. He was 97.

Then the conversation took a turn. As he was a the wake for his grandfather, they received a call about another disaster. Apparently, his cousin (34) was out in his yard playing with his kids: a daughter (5) and son (3). The 3 year old son locked himself in an RV playing hide and seek. He had locked the door so no one could find him. Thru what wierd events, the RV burst into flames and was destroyed in 45 seconds.

There is a great deal more conversation that was had. Details about conversations that was going on and what they were actually doing. But the bottom line is that the 3 year old died.

I am stunned. I do not know what to say. The emotions that run thru my head and heart. The desire to leave work, find my daughter and hug her. I do not know these people and i cannot even think about it.

I gotta go call Becca.

Carter

No comments: