Wednesday, March 30, 2005

Ok Wednesday is here!

So i have been busy taking care of the daughter all week. Well, not alone. Becca's mom has been stepping up to the plate as well. Couple of things. Becca has the creeping crud, again. 100 - 101 temp for the last week. I just started a new job; so time off is not going to happen. And Sarah, Becca's mom, has teacher conferences all week. Yes, it has been a week of Sarah staying home morning; Becca staying in Sarah's classroom and spending time with dad in the evenings. Ok, enough. Becca is feeling better and will be in school today. She is going to her aunt's house after school. Then we have Becca's teacher conference and then off to the movie Robots.

Life unscripted.

I have been reading a book called Buck Naked Faith. This was given to me by a friend. I was telling the Gooch that I had read 2 chapters and moving right thru it. Then I felt drawn to re-read those chapters. I am glad I did. There is a section in here that talks about a cycle we get into; the Sin, repent, sin, repent. here is a excerpt (the next 4 paragraphs)

We all know the cycle. Sin, repent, sin, repent, sin, repent -- the cycle continues until we either give up trying to be "good" or we become the old crusty believers who may not be doing "bad" things anymore but sure don't show the passion for life and humanity that true goodness from Jesus brings.

What are the things that you tend to binge and purge on? Depression, lust, ESPN, romance novels, food, XBOX, chat rooms – the list of our personal bulimic vices is almost endless.

Did I touch on a favorite? Have you given up fighting the urge when it comes? Have you found yourself becoming legalistic and judgmental toward the bingers around you in order to feel more righteous yourself?

If, like me, you can say yes to any or all of those questions, then you should now ask,” Jesus, is there a good way to grow that takes me away from a life of pretending, toward real goodness and holiness?"

Wow. I felt like I was reading a part of my life here. I would justify my life and life style and make myself feel better by looking at others judgmentally.

More on this later,
Carter

No comments: