Wednesday, June 30, 2004

Back and forth

I had the opportunity to go back to Indy yesterday. Guy, that was a long day. I arrived in Indy around 10:00 am their time and did not leave until almost 5:00 (with a 4 1/2 hour drive home). I needed to stop and get gas. And I decided to get something to eat. As I was pumping the gas, A man walks up and says,"What part of Michigan you from?"

We engaged in conversation and I asked him if he had dinner. He said no but would like to have some conversation. After pumping the gas, I went in the restaurant to see him at the counter. He waved me over. As we ate, we discussed several topics. I met the counter staff, the wait staff, even the manager came out. This guy was apparently a "local". Conversation took several turns but ended well.

I talked to my traveling daughter last night. She is having a great time with her mom out east. They are in Boston. She is home sick and wants to come home soon. I think they are planning to stop and see Aunt Heidi and Uncle Matt and her two cousins in Buffalo. I cannot wait to see her.

That's all for now. Oh wait - 1. 3 day weekend coming up. 2. Possible fishing expedition planned. 3. I purchased a new cell phone this weekend. (The Blackberry from Nextel. Giddy up!)

Out,
Carter