Wednesday, June 23, 2004

what's happenin?

Do you remember what tv show that is from? Isn't the mind a wonderful thing. A good friend of mine once told me that the mind is like a closet full of shoe boxes. You have a memory and you store it in the shoe box. Then at just the right time, smell, sound, it comes back to you and you pull that memory out of the box.

If I were to say, "Well listen to my story about a man named Jed..." You would immediately know what song it is, what show it was from. You may even be able to pull where you were when you watched the show.

Recently, I have been challenged to memorize scripture. It is sad that I can memorize tv shows, movie lines, and song lyrics and I have a hard time memorizing scripture. Deur or Thompson did a bit at Watermark about how Jewish families would memorize scripture. How a child would have to memorize a chapter of the bible. Oh I'm sorry. It was the 1st five chapters of the bible! They would repeat and repeat daily until they memorized it.

And I complain about one verse a week.

Humbled,
Becca's Dad