Wednesday, March 02, 2005

Huh?

Has it really been that long?

Wow. so many things have come and gone. I am not sure where to start.

First of all, i will make certain i do not let this happen again. I mean blogging. Too long.

Becca had an over-night birthday party this past weekend. WOW. God Bless those parents. (17) Yes I said (17) 10 & 11 year old girls overnight in one house! Unbelieveable. Becca was exhausted from the weekend. I cannot imagine why. I get tired just thinking about it.

Also, GHAPS is showing "the movie" to all of its 5th graders. Oh yeah, you parents know what i'm talking about. So Becca saw the movie last Friday, Sidebar -- i am so thankful to Becca's mom for handling all that wtuff with Becca. She started down this path awhile ago and it is paying off right now. Thanks Sarah. So I pciked up Becca Friday not knowing what to expect. But, we had a great conversation about it and moved on! She told me it was not that way for some of her classmates. there was shocked and horrified girls in her class. Come on people. Talk to your kids!

I almost sounded like a commercial.

Going to Chicago this weekend. A friend of mine just took over a church - as lead pastor - and is having some technical difficulty. So Becca and I are leaving Friday and will be back Sunday afternoon. It will be good to see Matt, Heidi and the kids. (one of which I have only seen pictures of).

There will be a reoccuring theme coming in my blogs for a while. We are going thru a series right now that is challenging me. It is called Living the Truth. I will expand as we journey thru. I have always struggled with identity. I have a need to be associated with something. I was Sarah's husband; becca's dad; tech director at SLWC; musician; funny guy; blah blah blah. I have a real need to have that association.

What i am finding is that is not God's design.

More on that later.
C

No comments: