Wednesday, February 25, 2004

Going to see The Passion this weekend. I hope it will live up to the hype.

I have been on a path of re-discovery. The focus for me has been in my concept of the church and what is it's function? I have been reading several great books -- which are listed below. I stumbled on an article that had this to say. Thought for the day:

Christ did not equip the disciples to administer institutions but rather to carry out evangelism and discipleship independent of any institution. (Acts 1:8) The marching orders were evangelism and discipleship. Matthew 28: 18-20

WOW. What a concept? I feel like in some many ways I miss the point. Church should be for me, right? The music? The worship style? The sermon? It should all be about me, right?

I am slowly coming to the conclusion that an evolving needs to happen. (Can I say evolve and church in the same thought?) The way that we have traditionally "done church" needs to change. The gospel is the same yesterday, today and tomorrow, Hebrews 13:8,but the way we present it, the way we communicate, the relationships we develop, has to change.....

I am thinking there is a sermon there somewhere.

skipping down the path,
C-MAN

No comments: