Tuesday, July 20, 2004

Back in the saddle again - again

How are things?  It is so good to be back in West Michigan.  Let me tell you about my flight back on Friday.
 
I arrived at the San Fran airport at 8:00 am for a 10:00 am flight.  No problems checking in and no problems making it thru security.  The flight to Chicago was uneventful as well.After arriving in Chicago, I realized I had an 1 1/2 layover.  Which is great.  I flew into O'Hare and there is always something to watch or look at.  I arrived at 4:30 Chicago time and was scheduled to leave at 5:00 pm and arrive in GR at 7:00 pm.  Sounds really good....yeah right.  Because of the weather, flights were not arriving on time.  when flights do not arrive on time, they do not leave on time.  My flight was delayed for 2 hours for a scheduled time of 7:00 pm which would still put me in GR at 9:00.  So as time is marching on, I notice on the board that another flight number comes up.  I think to myself, oh maybe they just had another flight ready for take off and they needed to get those numbers up.  So I went for another walk and looked at the larger more informed monitors.  Suck.  The flight had been cancelled and there was no annoucement.  So I went to the little stand, behind several people.  I over course was asking the same question.  How do I get home.  Well, there is a 10:00pm flight that I could go on standby after the other 50 people or a flight leaving Saturday morning.
 
After many trials, conversations, calls back to the office, I received a rental car and drove back to GR.  I arrived at 3:30 am Saturday morning.
 
I have decided to barricade myself in my home.  Food to be delivered.  Will Wendy's deliver?
 
I am happy to be home.
 
Thanks for listening,
Carter

No comments: