Wednesday, July 14, 2004

what is grace?

I am not sure how to describe it. Yet, it is a huge part of my life. Much like air - you need it; you want it and you do not deserve it.

Today was a challenging day. Product that was suppose to arrive yesterday did not get here until today. Does not seem like a big deal right? Except, all the system commissioning was suppose to be done today. My installers are flying out tomorrow. In addition, one of my installers measured the TV and the mounts and discovered TV's we are mounting - do not fit. How does that happened? The TV's are 32 inches high; the mounts are 27 inches. Yikes. We spent time and energy running around looking for replacement TV's right? Then we find out the store wants us out by 9:00 tonight. I called our director of engineering and project management and proceeded to tell them how bad this situation sucks. This day could not have ended worse. Except -- after all that conversation and running around, my installer calls and says "I feel horrible. I measured the TV wrong. It is 23 inches not 32 inches."

Wow. Do I have some apologizing to do.

Life continues to deal "unfair" hands. I am so glad I have a God who relentlessly pursues me and loves my unconditionally. That is a big job - Right Jeff and Gooch? I am so thankful he just wants to be in right relationship with us.

Well, I could preach a sermon. Since I am not sure when the rest of my guys are going to roll in or if I may have to take them to the airport at 3:00 am, I am cutting off.

From the ROCK,
Sean Connery aka c-man