Friday, March 19, 2004

So I arrived late Wednesday night. It was a long trip that ended with me collapsing in bed. I woke up that next morning and skated into work late. As I was driving, I received a two-way call from a close friend. This is the guy who has stuck with me thru some really tough times. As we were chatting, he asked how I was doing. I replied that my emotional tank was low. But I was going to pick up my daughter and that would help.

That is what is great about kids. My daughter is great to be with. I was out of town and had little time to talk to her while I was away. After work, I picked her up and it was great. A huge hug and lots of conversation later, I am back on track. I am thankful I have a relationship were she and I can talk. Which brings me to one of many points in my life. We as adults do not give kids enough credit. We have a lot to learn from them. The way they look at life for example. I am constantly challenged just by the way God is working in Becca's life. Take the time to listen. Don't be afraid to talk. God gave us two ears and one mouth. I think the message is clear - we should listen twice as much as we talk.

Carry on my wayward son,
carter

No comments: